Pages

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

It All Started With a Misunderstanding



"It All Started With a Misunderstanding"
5 x 7 oil on panel


I departed from the usual (such as "usual" is thus far) with this piece and experimented a lot more with paint and texture layering using various rough, old brushes and credit cards.  My illustration style has always incorporated textures (as I love texture) so I figured it was high time to start working some textures into my painting as well.  This piece was a blast to work on, but I can tell for future paintings there's going to be a lot of drying time involved to get the look I'm aiming for.

07/22/10 Update: I've replaced the image with a newer one after making some changes to the foremost cow.  The photo is still far yellower than the original though.


07/24/10 Update: I've replaced the image with a high quality scan.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is really charming Shane. something about cows...they have an everlasting appeal dont you think. i love the arrangement, the way you have them all dispersing.

Shane Rebenschied said...

Hello Sally, thanks for the comments! I had a lot of fun working on this piece and trying out a more textural, layered style. I also plan on adding a few more details to the foremost cow to bring some added realism to the piece so it doesn't get too abstract. I'll update this post when I do.

Thanks again!

Post a Comment