Pages

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Wishful Thinking

"Wishful Thinking"
5 x 7 oil on panel

SOLD

This little guy was a lot of fun to paint but it took me several tries to get the initial "sketch" of him down.  Once I got it though, the rest fell together fairly easy.  The price is higher on this piece (compared to my other 5x7s) because I spent more time noodling on details--especially in the face where I had to break out my 000 brush--and because the quality is higher.  However, if it hasn't sold within two weeks, I will lower the price to $100.  I'd rather have these pieces be appreciated by someone instead of taking up space in my studio.

Be sure to click on the image above to see a larger version.  There's a lot of small details in this one.
Have a great weekend!

08/21/10 Update: It has been two weeks so the painting has been reduced in price to $100.
08/08/10 Update: Now that the painting is dry, I've replaced the image above with a higher quality scan.

5 comments:

Adele said...

I love this one, especially how you let the lines of the sketch show on his back leg. Wonderful painting!!

Carol Schiff Daily Painting said...

Wonderful work! Is that a copper tone on the canvas?

Shane Rebenschied said...

@Carol Schiff Studio
Thanks Carol! I think the photo is making it appear a little deeper and darker than it is in life. It's actually just a pre-toned wash of Raw Umber, a touch of Burnt Siena and a bit of French Ultramarine Blue.

Carol Blackburn said...

Hi Shane, Saw a link to your blog on Joanne's blog so thought I'd drop by for a peek. Awesome art! And, yes she was right about your titles. I look forward to seeing more of your work.

Shane Rebenschied said...

@Carol Blackburn
Thanks for dropping by Carol, and thank you for the kind words!

Post a Comment