Pages

Friday, September 30, 2011

Patiently Waiting

Since the beginning of 2011 I've had a near-constant, full load (at least eight simultaneous covers going concurrently) of illustration work. In years past my workload usually has peaks and valleys, but 2011 has left me with nary a moment to squeeze in anything else. Having worked for nearly a decade to get to this point, it's certainly great to be this busy for such an extended period of time, but my dusty palette frowns at me every morning when I walk into the studio.



A few months back I ordered some new paintbrushes, medium, and gesso, and prepped about 5 panels with gesso'd muslin (something new I'm dying to try out), but just haven't had the time to paint.

I have loads of reference and supplies at the ready, I'm just waiting for my workload to ease a bit so I can get back to painting on a regular basis. Maybe I need to challenge my mom soon to another 75 for 75 project to get me started.

Thank you to those who haven't unsubscribed from following this blog, especially since it has been so long since I've updated it. I'm still here! I'm just patiently waiting for the workload to lighten...if just a little. ;)

 - Shane

0 comments:

Post a Comment