Pages

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Regular Painting and Posts to Resume

Well, after months of saying to myself "After I finish this batch of illustrations, I'll start painting again" only to see that promise fall to the wayside when a fresh batch of illustrations roll in, I've decided that the only way I'm going to get time to paint is if I make time for it. Starting today I'm scheduling a block of at least two hours to paint, every day. It's my aim to work on commercial work from 9am (the earliest I can get into the studio after I get the kids off to school) to 2:30, and then paint from 2:30/3 until 5 or 5:30.

I need to get the brush back to canvas and the only way I'm going to accomplish that is by forcing it into my schedule. While I'm hoping to pick up where I left off, I've also been thinking a lot lately of experimenting more with texture. Seeing some of Michael Workman's originals in Santa Fe made me realize there's a lot of room to explore textures by not only layering the paint, but also by manipulating the surface.

Expect more regular posts starting this week!

1 comments:

Susan Roux said...

Congratulations on your resolution! Sometimes it's just the way it is. Having to physically schedule time to do what we love. Good luck. Textures? If it's in your head, you should definitely explore it. Sounds like the perfect time for exploration!

Post a Comment